Local municipality needs an Administrative Professional in their busy Legal Department.
Responsibilities for the Administrative Assistant
- Assist the Office Manager in the daily operation of the office
- Type legal pleadings, briefs, opinions, contracts, deeds, leases, etc.
- Research in online legal dockets and databases
- Compose and manage outgoing correspondence
- Maintain legal docket, office library, and office filing system
- Handles attorney’s calendars
- Tracks attorney’s caseloads, dockets, and databases
- Assists with special projects as needed
Requirements for the Administrative Assistant
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- Knowledge of court rules and procedures and familiarity with legal terminology
- Minimum 1 year of related experience, 2 years preferred
- Advanced legal training or experience preferred, including paralegal training and/or experience.
- Familiarity with steno and dictaphone a plus
- Familiarity with reading/editing software that converts scanned images to electronically readable text a plus
Compensation for the Administrative Assistant
- Hourly salary $20.00-25.00 per hour
Reference code: K13514T
Please note that quoted salary ranges are not guarantees of what the final salary offers might be. Our clients base their offers on a range of variables including years of work and industry specific experience, salary history, education level, etc.